Sunday, June 28, 2009

Public Speaking

Two weeks ago i participated in a 52-hours Public Speaking event attempting to enter the Malaysia Book of Records. News about the event was initially imparted to me by my class-rep, Azly. I did not really have a second thought abaout it as i was just trying to be active. I wanted to participate in any activities as long it is within my abilities and not interrupting my academic schedule.

I chose to speak in English. Since i am still an amateur or novice in Russian Language. If i had mastered my russian language better, i would definitely converse in Russian. Afterall, i am from the Russian Programme. Well, it still worked well for me. Nevertheless, I must say that i was taken away by the fluency and confidence in speaking the foreign language by my Russian Programme seniors. I admired them so much...

Lucky enough for me, my turn to speak was 7.15 on Tuesday morning. I could not imagine myself talking during...let's say 3.00 in the morning right. Haha.... Well, that's why it's called 52 hours non-stop. Still, somebody has to do it. I was just glad that i could still hit the sack and go to school the next morning as soon as i finished speaking.

Life is flamboyant. That's what i came to see it as an example in reality. As i said i was scheduled to speak at 7.15, but i ended up speaking at 8.15. How could that be, Thanks to our Russian Language lecturer Miss. Natalia who got carried away while trying in a vain attempt to impress others with her fluent Russian. It definitely didn't work for me. However, no blaming her. I was just agitated a little because i would miss the first period of my class. Finally, when i got up the stage, i just spoke hastily and got off the dreadful stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment