Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life's not easy

When i first stepped into intec, i thought it was going to be a piece of cake to me since I've been through two gruelling years in MRSM Merbok. I told myself that i am a survivor and that i have been moulded and taught to handle myself well wherever i go. Alas, this university life is nothing like the life in a boarding school. Of course, the sheer sound of more freedom conventionally puts everyone's guard down. Not knowing that it is this freedom is the toughest one to handle.

Now, i had to be better in managing my own finances and time. No more free food during 'makan time' in the 'dewan makan' like how it was like when in MRSM. Alas, i have to control my personal expenses, not to overspend even when scholarship is provided. Scholars ought to know that their scholarship is not inexhaustible. We all should spend within a range of budget.

Besides, i need to cope with 'insurmountable' amount of homework. People used to tell me that in university there will be lesser homework as we are all expected by our lecturers to do our own researches. That's so not true, i mean in terms of the amount of homework, or so more popularly called as assignments in the university level. There is so much of presentations, researches, folios...you name it. Perhaps it is due to the short courses that i am currently in. Hmmm.... i am certainly putting fault to our 'para guru', do not get me wrong. Haha... i am just expressing my thoughts. I utterly understand that our beloved lecturers are just carrying out their responsibility and accomplishing their duties.

Next, i have to cope with different people of various backgrounds, views and personalities. For instance, recently two of my roomates had fallen into a misunderstanding with each other. Thus, i need to understanding and caredul so as to not offend anyone. At least not deliberately.

I hope i can just make it through this three interesting months as a preparation before i fly to russia in anticipation of more ardous challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment