Sunday, June 7, 2009

My views of BTN

Last week i, together with the rest of the jpa sponsored students from the Russian programme, attended a one week long Biro Tatanegara Programme at Kem Bina Negara, Meru. It was a compulsory and evaluative program for all overseas-bound students. Thus i show no reluctance although i was a little agitated at the beginning bacause i had to take the trouble of packing my luggage.

It was a peaceful one hour bus drive under the mild afternoon sun. I had had the opportunity for a short sight-seeing of the Shah Alam city. No forced-fed with sights. When i had had my share of sight-seeing, i fell into a deep slumber.

The slowing down motion of the huge bus awakens me. I, together with the others unloaded our belongings before being sent out of the camp again for lunch. After lunch, we scurry up the bus again, anticipating the avtivities and events installed for us. We were all in suspense...

The whole programme started with a strict and serious greeting from the facilitators. I was a little disturbed at the beginning due to a clash with my initial idea of how warm a welcome we will receive. Nevertheless, i didn't mind. From that on, we are put through a hectic and energy-sapping schedule. I barely had an adequate 5 hours of sleep a day. It was all talks, classes, some physical activities and tests. No real breaks. It was quite awful for me as i was like a jelly at the end of the programme.

In my opinion, the participant's mental strength was put to the test more than our physical abilities despite some of our facilitators are more military-based. i attended talks which aroused sensitive issues and certain topics were really disturbing and testing my mind. But no matter, i had learned to be more open-minded and mature and at the same time be able to accept other people's points of view.

Fundamentally, the programme was designed to instill us with the correct thoughts of our beloved Malaysia and how we, as blessed scholars should do something in return for the country when we are all graduated. In simple, patriotisme was of the basic purpose of this entire programme.

In the end, i went home with a clearer idea of how my Malaysia had struggled to free herself from the iron fists of the colonists. As for me, i have grown to become a more patriotic person who will do his part for the nation's future. Malaysia, will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment