Sunday, June 7, 2009

About myself as a scholar

Hi! I am Reuben Amos Ting from class 15C. I am under the Russian Programme to pursue medicine in Russia. Now, I would like to talk about my life as a scholar.

I am an ex-student from MRSM Merbok, Kedah. I entered that new boarding school when I was in Form 4 upon completing my PMR. The thing that is so significant about this is that my life has improvised tremendously ever since then. Without it, I would not be where I am today.

I had been a happy-go-lucky boy all along, ignorant of his own future and well-being. 2 years in a boarding school had taught and equipped me with numerous vital and necessary life skills with which I had used to get myself here, as a JPA scholar. Besides, I was the only chinese in the MRSM. I guess that just pushed me to strive for the best in whatever things that i do to achieve victory.

The night when i got to know that i had been a successful applicant for the renown Public Service Department scholarship, i was thrilled yet at the same time could not believe my own eyes that the 'status berjaya' is on the screen. Next, it was a rough awakening for my parents for them to share the good news. I could see the tears of joy and hope rolling down their cheeks when they themselves congratulated their 'not-so-reliable' son. I thanked God.

Now, being in Intec for my foundation is another blessing for me. I hope i can do best for the future of my life, my family, and the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment